Monday, October 18, 2010

You Don't Need An Excuse

It's almost Halloween, or so it seams. Soon as October comes around there is a slight hint of the last day for the full thirty one days. With it being Halloween, there must be a party or two that I could attend. At the moment I've been invited to two, but only intend on going to one. Misfortunately this one happens to be on Halloween day, or is it night? It is on the thirty first day of the month. I think this should be moved to the day before, Saturday, so I don't have to go to school the day after.

I intend on going to school if I go to the party or not, for so far I have a perfect attendance and maybe I can keep that? Last year I missed one day, it was disappointing but I was too sick to attend school and regret becoming sick for some time after.

I'm still curious why the party won't be moved to Saturday. The answer I've been given has been simple, because Halloween is on the thirty first so the party will be also. This is where I get to my main point.

You Don't Need An Excuse To Have A Party

Well, maybe. For now I will leave this statement resembling a title with too many capitals for emphasis. Why not move it a day back? I'm not just picking on this one social event that will be great no matter when it is. It just inspired to put my thoughts into words and express you don't need an excuse to do most anything. I'm sure there are exceptions, but why not have a birthday party four months after the day of the year of which you were born?

This is a very reoccurring situation for my family and relatives. They seem to wait for an excuse to have a party, though by my standards it is not a party. These events are more like a salutatory social gathering. They will look for a reason to have a gathering, look for an excuse to get together, give gifts, and eat cake.

Enough about my relatives and their ways that are not very logical by my view, back to expanding the excuse concept. Why do people look for excuses for events such as gatherings or parties? I understand, by definition of many, that having a limiting agent to parties is a good thing. Too much 'partying' may result in a bruised liver, and no one actually enjoy alcohol poisoning. What about those events that have a limited number of intoxicated individuals? Why wait for an excuse to have them? I think the idea of phoning up some friends and telling them to bring some snacks for everyone down to the beach and having a large social grouping is a great idea.

This is drifting away from the rough original topic; parties with an excuse. As I think this through more and put my thoughts to letters it has occurred to me that having parties frequently for no reason may take the fun away from them. Maybe all of that I previously stated was incorrect. It all boils down to a matter of opinion. Even if you are going to use an excuse for an event why can't it be moved around a bit? It's not up to me, so I guess I'll just show to to school on Monday tired. Maybe I'll just skip that sleeping thing. I have been wanting to pull an all nighter sometime this year, preferably soon, and see what it's like to go to school without sleep.

A while back I mentioned gifts, this is something else that has bothered me for a long time. Why give people gifts on Christmas and birthdays? The original meaning of Christmas has fallen apart into a pit of clever corporate schemes and constant calamity (Oh, I see what I did there). Even with the original concept of Christmas in mind, I see no place for useless gifts. This goes the same for birthdays. Why is an excuse needed to give someone something? If something is needed and you feel like providing the individual in need with something to fulfill this need why wait? I beleive if everyone followed this concept birthdays would be less special perhaps, though they would have less disappointment. Along with the disappointment that is often caused by birthday parties being eliminated there would be no more useless gifts given only due to a feeling of obligation due to someone living through one more solar cycle.

All of these statements could be caused by a root displeasure with my own experience surrounding Christmas and my birthday. There is always so much hype about the events and then when they occur I am not all very interested in it all. I have received far too many useless gifts that are stored away in my room and forgotten. I have chocolates on my shelf that I've been looking for a reason to eat from last Christmas (2009).

Maybe I should take my own advice and eat the chocolate with no reason. I just need some inspiration.

. - - Bugworlds

No comments:

Post a Comment