Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Attacked by a Cat

Tonight I wanted to go for a walk with my girlfriend, so I did. On the way back to her house we encountered a cat. It was smaller than most cats but not extremely small. It appeared to be and acted like a younger cat. My girlfriend was very worried for it at first, thinking it was homeless due to a lack of a tag. She also thought it may be hungry because it was very attention disparate. Nothing that crossed my mind, but I've been around cats enough to know if that's true or not. She also mentioned something about wanting to keep it; that crossed my mind also. We boath left it, well tried to. It had a habit of running back after it was picked up and moved away.

The cat was young, fairly light but it was expected for its size. It's fur had the consistency of a cat that is outside, it was not patted down much. More fluffy and soft; but not soft due to being cleaned excessively. More like an outdoor cats version of soft. I'm not sure how to describe the difference but there is definitely a difference in the fur of cats who are indoor and outdoor cats.

I stayed inside for a bit, then saw it was time to get back to my house to finish my homework so I began to walk. I was not as surprised as I should be when something tackled my ankles soon as I walked into the dark, unlit grass.

A couple days ago something similar happened. On my way home in a similar area something small ran into my legs and quickly ran away. It ran at me again but I noticed it so it hesitated then ran off. I wasn't too worried, it appeared to be a playful dog at first thought.

Back to today; the cat had found me after I started to leave and was still playful as it was when I first encountered it today. It ran and jumped at me, then disappeared against the dark ground again. This happened a couple times until I figured out where it was and kneeled down to talk to it. It quickly rushed me and jumped on my face, in a very playful manner of course. It didn't use it's claws, but did put all four paws strait towards my body. It's face bumped against mine and it's soft fur rubbed against me before it was quick to dart out of view again. I'm glad I knew what it was, if I wasn't aware of what was rushing me I might of worried a bit more.

I got up and decided it would be best to keep walking, as I bid the cat farewell. I don't think it understood me very well. Now that I think of it I beleive talking to it may of just encouraged it to play with me. As I walked I was careful where my feet went to avoid stepping on it. I thought about just ignoring where I was walking because I've stepped on cats before, not purposely, and they are fine after a moment of displeasure. It would teach it to watch where I was going after all. I didn't want to do this though; I enjoy cats too much.


I got to the road, of course unlit. Not the best choice perhaps but I enjoy the dark. The cat must of been aware of how the shadows work because every time I turned around it would be paused in a the next shadow. I never saw it actually move. After about half a block I decided if it continued to follow me I would carry it back to its house and leave it to the owner. I'm not sure how old it is, I don't know if it's been at the house it lives at now long enough to know it lives there and needs to go back to it, so I was careful not to let it follow me too far.

After not too long I turned around to see I couldn't find the cat. This was the case for the next half block. At this point I decided the cat had gone back to look for my girlfriend, for she was very willing to give it the attention I was trying to avoid giving it.

No comments:

Post a Comment