Saturday, October 23, 2010

OVER 9000!!!

This Saturday morning I decided to flip on my TV and kill some time before I actually got up and out of bed. I quickly found there was nothing that caught my attention after flipping through my forty or so channels, so I stopped at TV listings and waited for it to slowly scroll through all it would.

On a channel I usually don't watch, forty-nine I beleive, I noticed there were Saturday morning cartoons playing. At the moment it was a few minutes into an episode of Dragonball Z Kai, I debated for a moment then found my way to the show.

I was disappointed it was not Dragonball Z (the second in the series I beleive), and what would be even better Dragonball (the original series). Despite this I decided to continue watching, it looked to be in the same animation style as Dragonball Z.

The first few lines of dialogue that I heard were something along the lines of, "six.. seven.. eight thousand.." "What?" At this point I was getting excited waiting for an "Over 9000" line, but decided I missed it for there was no way the one episode that features that line was going to playing. Even less likely I would simply change the Chanel and run into it.

"What? What's wrong Vegeta?" "Uh.." My excitement that had subsided, began to grow again.

"What's his power level?" YES!!

"IT'S OVER 9000!!!!" "OVER 9000?!?!" "OVER 9000!!!!"

That.. was great. I couldn't beleive it, that I ran into that one meme just out of curiosity. For all of those who are not familiar with Dragonball, you should the link. Dragonball Z is the second series in the chain of series that go off of Dragonball, and Dragonball Z Kai is a remastered version of Dragonball (thank you for this information 'Hmm, it appears you changed your name on posterous so I am unsure what to use for a screen name for when referencing to people I like to use screen names.' And speaking of this person who I am referencing too I'm going to be speaking more about them, or replying to them atleast, in my next Posterous post. I'll probably advertise this post in it also. The original OVER 9000 footage is here. Here is the even more original and more lengthy footage, in Japanese as it was originally intended to be in. I'm sure with review of these videos you can see my dialogue was close.

And with me watching the original footage I discovered my dialogue was far off. Something closer to, "Vegeta, what does it say about his power level?" "IT'S OVER 9000!!!" Though I discovered in the original Japanese it was "over 8000," but I'm use to the 9000 remark so I will stick to it when referencing to this.

Links, for those who don't want to read through that:
Dragonball
Friend's Posterous
Over 9000
Japanese Over 9000

No comments:

Post a Comment