Thursday, September 16, 2010

Time

I have no time, well no free time. Since school started it's been busy, and at first it was enjoyable but then sleep deprivation set in a little bit, the fact I havent had time to do anything was realized, and my limited free time has been spent on the computer or with my girlfriend.

The first few days of school were nice, social activity was easy to find, my classes were easy and I had a free block to do what ever I wanted. What ever I wanted ended up being extending my Digital Media class because I love that class but it was well spent. This was a problem however looking into what my classes would be next semester, I would want a free block then and I didn't have one. A note to the counselor and a few days wait was all that was needed to get my math class switched with my free block. Entering my math class a few days late was not very fun.

And along with it being not very fun, it still isn't very fun. I spend all my time trying to catch up, as the teacher goes over what I already know how to do I work on the work that I already knew how to do, but I need to figure out how to do it differently. The teacher wants me to do it in a "Grade 12 way". She doesn't explain what this means, but I think I figured it out.. maybe? I guess I'll find out when this unit is done and I pass the test with a mark on the lower end of the acceptable mark scale. This isn't all she doesn't explain, she doesn't explain much more of anything. She will do the examples, go over the questions people ask her to, but as for base explanation I haven't run into much of it. My text book isn't very good at explaining too but the examples are modelled so you can follow them. Lets see.. what else about math class that comes to mind.. Oh, I'm not sure what I need to do, what I"m suppose to do, and what I just need to note and put aside. I've been told but not very well (and it wasn't explained) but I know the text book work may or may not be collected (I'm thinking it won't be, but if it is I have most of it done. All that isn't is what I don't know what to do.. funny that I don't know what to do, isn't it?) and all we need to do of it is what we need to until we understand it. I already know how to do all of this on the most part, so I shouldn't need to do any, right? Well it doesn't work that way. There have been two required questions, they turned out to be really easy compared to most of the others surrounding it.
Snack break. 11:01
Back 11:15 ish, that was possibly the most intense vegetable chopping experience I have ever experienced before but now I forget what I was going on about regarding math and I decided I've put enough work into it.

Digital Media, my favorite class now and has always been, has been great but I feel like I havent had enough time to work. I've been busy working with my posterous (http://bugworlds.posterous.com), this blog a bit, quotes, writing for the class, I think most of the time has been spent listening and watching videos. So far we havn't had much time to just work. I'm planning on using photoshop a lot, as much as I can. I'm not going to be working with much of the other programs at hand, just rolling with some tutorials I would love to use but the couple I've tried so far have failed terribly. I want to go and take a lot pictures too. Get some great real life graphics to work with. There's so much I want to do and with no free block to extend the time I have in that class there just isn't enough time it seems right now.

My Psychology class is fairly similar to Digital Media. I have the same teacher for it, I see a lot of the same videos he shows boath class. I've been doing more writing for this class then in Digital Media, and it's taken a decent amount of my time. There has been a large amount of reading to do too. The book I'm reading right now, I'll put a mention in about it at the end of this, has a lot of Psychology in it and I plan on reading a college course psychology text book that I have access to once I've done reading it.

These two classes, Digital Media and Psychology have become very much 'take home classes'. The work that I do in the class I also spend a lot of time on, by my choice, at home. I enjoy working with graphics, learning about psychology, and what I do in Psychology class . . . I just realized I have 500 words to type up for an essay for that class ... this entry is going to be cut short . . . I forget what I was going to say now.
The other class I am in right now is English, it isn't too bad. I will complain about it another day. I will also go more into my free time and how I spend it, and how the free time I have seems to become not free due to the activities I do in this time; maybe it only seems to me I have little free time because I have so much I wish to do?
Before this I typed up my essay for English and found I didn't have enough words so I did what I could to expand. I think I put more words into my explaining my Math class (most likely in a biased manner) then the essay, and this was much easier to write. I'm sure my Psychology essay will be easy to type up after this, I've gotten my writing mind all warmed up and ready to go.

Note at end as promised: Is There Life After Death? 'The extraordinary science of what happens when we die' by Anthony Peake, foreword by Professor Bruce Greyson. Look up the book, it's amazing. Complicated, thought provoking, I read it on the bus ride to and from school. Probably not the best time because there's many people around me talking, so I spend a lot of time rereading parts to make sure I understand it.

No comments:

Post a Comment