Thursday, September 16, 2010

Psychology Essay -- AutoBiography 2020 -- Sept 16, 2010

In the year 2020, where will I be? Who will I be? What will I be? I still plan on being Alexander MacNeill, I would like to think my fundamentals won't change, but I guess I won't be able to see what changes and what stays the same until this time comes. The year 2020 will be close to my 10th year after graduating. I have a list of questions and points and I will go through and address the questions and points I see to be worth doing so; probably all of them.


My accomplishments and goals are similar to as they were in the year 2010, limited but still there. I still don't dream big, although my metaphoric dreaming has expanded a bit with age. What I have already done were not goals that I set out to do, well many of those have been reached such as reaching a time around fifteen seconds for solving a rubik's cube, but accomplishments none the less. Around the time of 2010 my thoughts on what I would like to accomplish by this time were simple, have a job, a small house, a pet cat, and what did not seem very important at the time but does now; marriage. A concept that grew on me more and more as my girlfriend became closer and closer to me over time. All of these ideas that I didn't set as goals, but expected to happen became true over time, roughly in the order provided.

After highschool I continued highschool for as long as I could, the free education was great. Past that there were courses at the local college that I was able to take that interested me. They didn't lead me very far but looked good on my resume and were taken because I wanted to in the first place, not necessarily because I needed them. Schooling outside of Powell River was needed eventually, to thirst my ever knowledge seeking mind and it was found, but my home town was missed as expected.

Soon as possible I moved back into town and am now happy in my position here. Decent pay, enough to keep me going. Family all around, some friends still around town but many more to make. That lovely small house, well an apartment for it is all I wanted. The family that was in town when I left is almost all still around. The concept of starting my own family with my wife is much more appealing than it seemed to be back in highschool, for the concept of children being annoying has lessened a bit.

My opinion on world issues is still the same, though I've looked into the way I look at things and have found a way to word the philosophy of how I make my opinion on events much better than what I use to try to use to explain when asked why I think what I did. The large issues that were around ten years ago are still there; gas, vehicles (which I don't really use any more since I moved back into Powell River. A bike works just fine), money are all over the news. The newest war issues involving the United States and the further debt they are risking by continuing it are always mentioned but many are starting to tune these repeated crys out much more than before. It's nice.

The technology available to me has upgraded with time, but the technology I choose to use is lesser than the cutting edge. It's all I need, maybe not all I want, but still all I can afford. Having what works is important, not having what works best. After thirteen or so years of using a rubik's cube the fun it use to have has gone away. I found once I ran out of goals to set regarding it, there just wasn't as much of a point to practicing. My newest toy is sill an older type object, not commonly used by most people though is in the process of coming back into popularity. Something odd that caught my attention and refused to let go until I had it not just figured out but mastered and remastered.

My passion is still for what I enjoy the most. It not longer is the same as it use to be but my old favorite topics never died out. The internet is always there to provide me with what I need to continue my newest hobby. Parkour is still kicking through my mind daily, but with slight ageing and not enough activity my abilities in some aspects have become lacking. The love for my friends and family have grown for those who are close to me, and it has slipped away for the many who weren't around me. As you distance yourself from people letting go of them becomes much more easy and after being out of town for a couple of years I found who was always around for me. Alternately I found out who wasn't, and those are the individuals who slipped away.


Of Course this is all just a projection, a guess of what is to come. I'm hoping almost all of it to be true. Only time will tell, but until then I don't intend on just waiting around, I'm going to keep working in the present time, so that when the future comes what I was doing for the present payed off. The future may not have set goals in my mind, but it does have the idea that my present should be what I want it to be at that time isn't going to fade away very easily, hopefully that will set me up for a good lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment