Sunday, December 12, 2010

God's Debris Continued

I had a great weakened. It was great. The weakend that I had, was full of great. It isn't quite over, it well end once I start doing my homework.



Back to reading God's Debris for a few minutes, until my girlfriend comes around to my house. Then we are going for an early Christmas Dinner.



" 'Where is your free will?' the old man asked. 'is it part of your brain, or does it eminate from someplace outside your body and somehow control your actions?' " (23)



This reminds me of Is There Life After Death by Anthony Peake. Somewhere within that book it asks a question about where is conciousness located? Also, does conciousness make you alive and make your brian work, or does your brain working and the fact you are alive make your conciousness?



" 'At some level of conciousness, everyone knows that the odds of picking the true religion - if such a thing exits - are nil' " (30)



This is arguable, however I like the way this is stated. The concept of 'picking' a religion. For many they do not pick, they are raised in a religion. For many they are born into a religion lacking living situation, or leave the religion they are born into. From there they have the oportunity to 'pick' a religion. Some religions are much more popular than others, many are if not have died out. The more favorable religions, the religions that offer the most benifits, seem to be the most popular.

No comments:

Post a Comment